21st March 2016 4.30pm
Marketing you and your art online – using websites and social media
- Why an online presence is essential for artists
- Why websites and social media are different
- The pros and cons of websites and social media
- Options for getting your art online
- How to get your art online for FREE
- How to be mobile friendly
- How to spend your money wisely
Katherine Tyrrell is an artist and writer with a background in business management and marketing. Her extensive knowledge and practical experience of using social media to promote art and artists is regularly shared with art galleries, art societies and artists. She has been the Moderator of the Art Marketing group on LinkedIn, is developing a website called Art Business Info for Artists and is currently writing a series of 10 articles about Cost Effective Ideas for Artists in “The Artist”.
Her art blog “Making a Mark” gets more than 50,000 visitors each month. The Times Newspaper featured her sketchbook blog and she helped found London Urban Sketchers. Her first book on drawing and sketching was published in the UK, USA and Asia in 2015 and went to reprint in the UK two months after publication – due to her online marketing.
This event is free and open to the public but seating is limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.